Friday, March 20, 2009

(En route to) San Diego

I should have begun my "San Diego" series with this, since I've been keeping my posts in chronological order. Better late than never, though.

As passengers filled the plane in preparation for leaving my home airport, a young couple sat down in the two seats ahead of my wife and me. They were both in their late 20s or early 30s, slim, trim and attractive. Both were dark-haired and stylishly attired. As I undressed the guy with my eyes, I imagined his physique to be like that of the guy pictured above--lithe, taut and bearing almost no body fat--my perfect man. Like the guy above, he also had short hair. The fellow was wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt and tan slacks with just enough of a subtle pattern in the fabric to make them interesting.

Two things struck me about this handsome fellow. First of all, an arabesque of dense tattoos extended from the cuff of his left sleeve onto the back of his left hand. The design was so complex and fine that I thought that perhaps it was a temporary henna tattoo painted on his skin with a small brush, but after several hours' examination, I decided the marks were permanent. Unusual and intriguing.

Secondly, this fellow had the most beautiful eyelashes that I can ever recall seeing. I was able to look forward through the space between the seats and enjoy his long, sensuous, sable-colored lashes during the entire trip.

No comments: