Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lizards

Gecko on a tree at the San Diego Wild Animal Park
Both the gecko and the tree were probably not native to southern California, but I liked the image.

I'm finally getting a chance to review (and edit) the 1,200+ images from our late-May trip to southern Utah and San Diego. Here's an assortment of the best of the lizard images from the trip. I don't know the identities of any of the lizards.

Along the Hickman (Natural) Bridge Trail, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

In Spring Canyon, along the Chimney Rock Trail, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Along the Fremont River Trail, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah

Along the Fremont River Trail, Capitol Reef National Park, Utah
Enlarge the image to see the lizard's striking blue armpit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What species is it?

Scott said...

I have no idea what species these lizards are. They're out of my geographic ken, so I'm not familiar with their identities.