Sunday, December 23, 2012

Early Winter Sunset


I haven't been able to post in quite a while--in part, because I haven't been out in the field much.  Last week, our organization bought a parcel of land for conservation, which took some of my time to complete.  And, I have been teaching a graduate class this term (in addition to my "real" job), and I've spent a lot of the last month grading.  Plus, throw Christmas into the mix...  Yesterday, though, we had temperatures in the mid-40s with high winds and clouds scudding across the sky all day.  At sunset, the heavens fairly exploded in pastels, and the grassland turned tawny gold.

 


 

I completed the final One Trail Twelve Times walk last Sunday, but I'm still in the midst of assembling the images from the walk.  Stay tuned; I'll post those images soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love seeing the sky at sunset there. The beautiful muted pastel colors. So lovely.

Have you ever checked out the Cloud Appreciation Society? A very cool website devoted to clouds. Fantastic stuff from around the world.

http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/

Happy holidays to you and Kali.

packrat said...

Great photos, Scott. The happiest of holidays to you and Kali from me, Dr. K and Becca.