Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wisteria Reversed

Wisteria Reversed
Another manipulated (but striking) image from my artist/photographer friend. She calls this "Wisteria Reversed," taking advantage of the wisterias that are in full bloom right now. In addition a more straightforward rendering.

_____

We went out for dinner for my birthday last evening. Our meal at Houlihan's on Sunday was so unsatisfying that I jumped at the chance to go out again when my wife suggested it. We went to one of our favorite local bistros--a place that specializes in Mediterranean-inspired dishes. We ordered a huge dinner salad (Pomegranate Chicken Salad) and a dish they call Drunken Chicken (chicken breast marinaded in beer, then broiled and finished with artichoke hearts, feta cheese, and a delicate sauce). We topped off the meal with a thick slice of a cappuccino torte. Yum!


When we got home, we watched an episode of the ABC show The Unusuals that I had recorded last Wednesday. We have both really come to love the show--which almost guarantees that it will be off the air next season. The lead guy's not a fabulous looker, but he's a good actor and he's got a sexy charm. Furthermore, he has appeared shirtless in two episodes so far, so I can't complain even though his hairless chest doesn't do much for me.

No comments: